Menopause refers to the end of the reproductive life in a woman. The transition from a reproductive phase to a non reproductive phase is slow and happens over a period of time. This is a natural aging process which happens to all women in their early 50s. The main reason for this is the decline in the production of the female hormones. The term menopause means the end of the menses or the monthly menstruation cycles. This means the ovaries stop releasing the eggs and the hormones responsible for the shedding of the uterine lining. The fertile phase of a woman ends with the onset of menopause.
Some of the symptoms of menopause are irregular menses, hot flashes, vaginal dryness, decreased fertility, mood swings, thinning of hair, increased abdominal fat and disturbances in sleep pattern. These symptoms appear over a period of time and differ from woman to woman.
There are ways to reduce the symptoms one of them being following the natural remedies for menopause.
1. Vitamin E: Intake of vitamin E can help reduce the hot flashes that women experience during this phase.
2. Foods rich in Estrogen: Eat foods that contain estrogen naturally. Include soybeans, cucumbers, apples, wheat, cabbage, oats, papaya, sunflower seeds, yam, garlic, beans and beets in your diet.
3. Herbal Remedies: Herbal remedies are a natural way to help ease the signs of menopause. Natural herbs like Valerian root is used as an aid to sleep better. Ginseng is used to reduce stress and anxiety and to boost the immune system. Evening Primrose can help reduce the hot flashes, Chasteberry is effective in improving the mood swings and headaches, Black Cohosh is used to treat hot flashes and Saint John’s Wort is helpful in treating depression in women.
4. Magnesium and Calcium: Include these two in your diet to prevent osteoporosis and to boost the energy levels.
5. Diet: Eat a healthy well balanced diet which is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals for overall health of the body.
6. Exercises: Exercising regularly helps to keep the body fit and to boost your stamina and energy levels. Practice meditation and yoga for relaxation of the mind and body.
Use these natural remedies to reduce the menopause symptoms.
Source: Google Images
Source: Google Images